3/7/2018 Board Minutes

The meeting was called to order by Vice President John Dustin at 7:02 p.m.

Board members present – John Dustin, Rob Mc Laughlin, and Pat Le Roy.  Jim Clay and Waterman Ormsby lll were absent.   There was a quorum present to conduct business at the meeting.

Guest – Richard Diedrich

Minutes February 13, 2018 – The minutes were emailed to all board members for additions and/or corrections.  Corrections were sent to Pat Le Roy.  After these corrections were made, the minutes were again emailed to the board for their approval.  The minutes were posted at the mailboxes and on the website.  Rob Mc Laughlin moved that the minutes be approved as corrected, second by Pat Le Roy.  Vote to approve was unanimous.

Treasurer Report – Pat Le Roy presented the Treasurer report.  The General account balance is $52783.30.  Deposits totaled $9449.82 (2018 Annual Assessments).  One check to Pat Le Roy $138.85 cleared.  The Winter Account balance is $4121.50.  One check to Neils for snow removal $390.00 cleared. Rob Mc Laughlin moved that the Treasurer report be approved, second by Pat Le Roy.   Vote to approve was unanimous.

Invoices to be paid – Pat Le Roy presented one invoice – Neils for snow removal $360.00.

Rob Mc Laughlin moved that the invoice be paid, second by Pat Le Roy.  Vote to approve payment was unanimous.

2017 Annual Assessment – Pat Le Roy reported that 3 Notices of Intent to File a Lien were mailed to 3 Landowners.  No payments were received.  Notices of Lien Statement were mailed to these three landowners.  Liens will be filed if payment is not received by March 10, 2018.

2018 Annual Assessments – 34 Delinquent Notices were mailed February 1, 2018.  Several payments were received.  11 landowners who did not make payments were mailed a Lien Statement on March 5, 2018b.  Liens will be filed if payment is not received by March 15, 2018.  Two landowners contacted Pat Le Roy stating that they had not received their invoices either by first class mail or by email.  The invoices were mailed again.

OLD BUSINESS:

Bridge Report – Richard Diedrich met with Fire Chief Evans and other Fire Dept. personnel to discuss the grant process going forward.  In order for the grant to move forward, the bridge structure and surrounding area needs to be inspected.  The Board approved an expenditure of no more than $2000.00 for the inspection report at the February 13, 2018 meeting.  Richard Diedrich contacted Jim Davis, La Plata County Engineer who suggested two engineering firms one of which was Goff Engineering – this firm inspected the bridge in 2005.   Richard contacted Garth Glasco who had previously inspected the bridge.  The inspection will occur between mid-March and mid-April.  The grant is due in November.  It will also be stressed that this is an emergency project.

The grant should it be awarded will cover 75% of the cost.  Chief Evans suggested ways for the Association to cover or finance the remaining 25% of the cost:

  1. Contact the La Plata County Commissioners for any money available for the project stressing that this would be a community effort and not limited to just the subdivision.
  2. Revisit with BP asking for a contribution to help fund the project.
  3. The Fire Dept. cannot fund the project but can do an in-kind contribution by hiring a person to oversee the construction, contact contractors to negotiate the best price, and act as construction project manager.

 

Richard Diedrich will provide an update again in April.  He will talk with FEMA in Denver.   John Dustin stated that the Association needs to know exactly what is expected of the Association.

Richard Diedrich mentioned that he had been in contact with Joel Brame regarding mitigation on his lot located on Richards Drive.  Fire Wise will pay 50% of the cost, with Mr. Brame paying the remaining 50%.

Richard Diedrich mentioned that he had noticed water backing up along Ludwig Drive by the driveway near the pond at the intersection of Ludwig Drive and PRRC.  The frozen water is about 5” below the level of the road.  This is in an area that receives very little sunlight and will be watched as the weather gets warmer.

CC&R Review Committee – The committee meets weekly and is making good progress.  The goal is to have everything ready for the attorney’s review by April 1, 2018.

Design Committee – No new plans have been presented.

Impact Fees – Letters have been mailed with the amount of the Impact Fee requested.

Possible Fines for Violations – The attorney has offered an opinion regarding the Fines Policy.  John Dustin and Waterman Ormsby, lll will work on the document for the next monthly meeting.

End of the Year Mailing – A letter from the President, End of Year Financial Statement, 2018 Budget, and an updated 2018 Roster were mailed/emailed to all landowners.

Road Work – Rob Mc Laughlin will do more road work/grading once the ground has thawed.

Chip and Seal Update – The schedule remains the same, sometime in April or May depending on the weather.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

Liens – Pat Le Roy had been asked to draft a letter to the attorney for guidance regarding one landowner who has multiple liens covering several years.  A draft of the letter was emailed to all board members for their input and/or approval.  The letter was discussed at the meeting with no additions to the content.  Board members present agreed that it was ready to be mailed to the attorney which Pat Le Roy will do tomorrow.  There had been a previous attempt by the landowner to pay on a weekly basis, but no additional payments have been received since October 2016.

Another letter was circulated amongst the board members present and emailed to those not in attendance regarding another landowner with liens.  The landowner will be presented a proposed payment plan for his consideration.

Rob Mc Laughlin has requested that the Board consider a wooden plank boardwalk with hand rail to be installed above the cattle guard at the pond.  He would like permission to build the boardwalk himself.  John Dustin asked that he submit a drawing of the proposed boardwalk with type of materials to be used.  Rob Mc Laughlin agreed and will present it at the next monthly meeting.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING – APRIL 11, 2018 Le Roy residence 18 Pine River Ranch Circle, Bayfield, CO

 

Rob Mc Laughlin moved that the meeting adjourn, second by Pat Le Roy. Vote to adjourn was 3-0.  Meeting adjourned at 8:05 p. m.

 

These minutes were approved ________________ by a vote of _________________.

Date

 

 

John Dustin, Vice President                Date

 

 

Pat Le Roy, Secretary/Treasurer        Date

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *