PINE RIVER RANCHES LANDOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS/TRANSITIONAL MEETING- AUGUST 3, 2021 – 6:30 P.M.
WALCHAK RESIDENCE 726 PINE RIVER RANCH CIRCLE, BAYFIELD, CO 81122
The meeting was called to order by President, Chip Burkett at 6:30 p.m.
Board members present were: Chip Burkett, Jeremy Luman, Florian Walchak and Jeanie Widner. Newest member, Dan Holloway was unable to attend.
Guests present: John Dustin
President Chip Burkett announced that this was the transitional meeting from the past board to the newly elected board. Four of the past board members are continuing and one board member is newly elected.
ELECTION OF BOARD OFFICERS
Florian nominated all currently serving officers to continue in the same offices. Chip Burkett as President, Jeremy Luman as Vice-President, Florian Walchak as Treasurer and Jeanie Widner as Secretary. Jeanie seconded and the vote passed 3-0.
Florian then moved to welcome Dan Holloway to the board as the Member- at-Large. Jeanie seconded and the vote passed 3-0.
BANK SIGNATURE CARDS
Florian will add Dan Holloway and delete Susan Wells to the Association accounts at both the Bank of Colorado and TBK.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM BOARD MEETING ON JULY 19,2021
Jeanie moved to approve the minutes, Florian seconded and the vote passed 4-0.
Florian said the report is the same as presented at the annual Meeting. He has presented approximately $15,000 in cancelled checks to the PRFD and they have Submitted them to FEMA for a reimbursement of 75%, in accordance with the terms of the grant for the bridge. The money will go into the general account when received.
ANNUAL ASSESSMENTS – 5 lots are unpaid.
LIEN STATUS – One lien for just over $3.000. is pending. The property is for sale and Florian has been in touch with the realtor to make them aware that there is a lien on the property. Upon sale of the property, the Title Company will assure payment of the lien amount to the Association.
Jeanie moved the treasurer’s report be accepted as presented, Jeremy seconded and vote to approve was 4-0.
Chip reported that Teri Bonham is continuing on the committee and will be joined by Lilly Burkett and Theresa Herrera. They will be reviewing their documents with a goal of editing them to make things more concise and comprehensive. They will send their recommendations to the board. There was some discussion.
EMERGENCY ACCESS COMMITTEE
COMMON SPACE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Jeremy reported that they are working on clearing the roadsides and Duane has decided to try and do it without the expense of renting the big equipment. They plan to try and use some equipment that is smaller and do much of it by hand.
BRIDGE REPLACEMENT UPDATE
Florian said 2 bids for the design portion of the project have been received and the PRFD is considering and reviewing both bids. Price is similar. Both companies are scheduling into the spring or summer of 2022. The PRFD has the decision-making power on the bids.
NEW BANK ACCOUNT AT BANK OF COLORADO
All required signatures are completed and there is a balance of $3000.00 in the account from a lot owner who has pre-paid. There will be a ballot vote necessary at the Budget Meeting by those in attendance or sending Proxies to approve the loan amount of not more than $300,000.00 for the association. This is being required by the Bank of Colorado lawyer for their records.
ANNUAL MEETING REPORT
Jeanie reported that she had never seen an annual meeting so well attended and John Dustin agreed that it was very well attended. Everyone felt it went smoothly and complimented President, Chip Burkett on a well-run meeting.
SCHEDULE & AGENDA FOR BUDGET MEETING
We need to add the ballot vote required by Bank of Colorado to the agenda. We will send the agenda, an explanation of the ballot required and proxy forms out by month’s end. Jeanie moved the Budget Meeting be scheduled for Saturday, September 18, 2021 at the Pine River Library Community Room at 10:00 a.m. Jeremy seconded and the vote passed 4-0. We will need 27 lots voting to have a quorum.
There was discussion about clarifying for everyone in the subdivision what the Association-owned boundaries surrounding the pond are. Chip has done some research on it already and is in possession of a detailed survey of the subdivision. It was agreed by all that there will be a search for the survey markers to help in determining boundary lines.
GRAVEL AT THE POND PARKING AREA
Jeremy reported that he is working on it and it will be done soon.
IKAV LOTS MAINTENANCE
Concern at the annual meeting that the weeds on the lots were not being addressed will be handled by Florian, who will contact IKAV and seek resolution of the problem.
Jeanie presented a sample letter and a list of accompanying documents to be included in a NEW RESIDENT WELCOME PACKET for the boards review and discussion. There were lots of ideas and suggestions and the packet will be revised and prepared for handout to new residents.
THANK YOU NOTES
Thank you cards were signed and will be delivered to the Clay’s and Susan Wells.
NEXT BOARD MEETING
The next board meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 6:30 p.m. @ the Walchak residence.
Jeanie moved the meeting be adjourned at 7:45 p.m. Florian seconded and vote passed 4-0.
These minutes were approved by a vote of _____________ on _______________________________________
CHIP BURKETT, PRESIDENT DATE
JEANIE WIDNER, SECRETARY DATE