Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting – June 16, 2019



18 Pine River Ranch Circle, Bayfield, Co 81122

(LeRoy’s Residence)


Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m. by Jim Clay, PRRLOA Board Chairman.

Board of Directors present: Jim Clay, Chairman; Pat LeRoy, Treasurer; Florian Walchak, Secretary; Susan Wells, Member; Chip Burkett, Member. All Board members were present.

Guests: None

Approve minutes from 14 May 2019 meeting: Pat LeRoy distributed a draft of the minutes prior to this meeting for review/changes/comments. Susan Wells moved to approve the amended minutes of the last Board meeting as revised per comments; Chip Burkett seconded the motion; the vote to approve was unanimous.

Treasurer report: A Treasurer’s report was presented by Pat LeRoy. The balance in the General Account is $38,773.04. Four thousand dollars was moved to the Reserve Account (for Ludwig Drive chip sealing) for a current balance of $8,004.34 (including interest). Approximately $9,535 was spent for the 2018/2019 winter snow removal season. Pat also presented a proposed draft 2020 PRRLOA budget. Estimated funds for 2020 are $33,156; estimated expenses are $39,625. A carryover of between $8,500 – $2,000 is estimated (depending upon final expense for the 2019 year)

Florian Walchak moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report; Susan Wells seconded the motion; the vote to approve was unanimous.

Invoices to be paid: Pat LeRoy submitted the following invoices for payment:

Chip Burkett (Gravel) – $243.52

Nancy Young (two years’ worth of website fees) – $277.25

Florian Walchak moved to approve payment of the invoices; Susan Wells seconded the motion; the vote to approve was unanimous.

Florian Walchak will look into having the website fees paid via an Electronic Funds Transfer directly from the PRROLOA checking account.

Old Business:

Review of current liens: The owners of Lot 45 continue to pay down their lien in accordance with their payment plan. There is approximately $50 left to collect. Three lot owners have active liens: Lot 18 at $1,145.54; Lot 20 at $649.30; and Lot 87 at $2,101.88. These lot owners will not be able to vote at the annual meeting unless they are paid up. They can attend the annual meeting and will be counted with respect to a present quorum.

Bridge Replacement: No news; announcement of the decision regarding the FEMA grant is expected at any time. [Note: A few days after the Board Meeting we were informed that we received the grant.]

Line of Credit Discussion: Discussions with Bank of Colorado are in abeyance until we hear from our lawyer as to what recommended language changes are needed for the CC&Rs and/or Articles of Incorporation to allow PRRLOA property to be used as collateral. Once changes or recommended amendments are established, the Board will move forward with the proper procedure for ratification and resume discussions with Bank of Colorado. The purpose of the Line of Credit is to manage PRRLOA’s cash flow regarding needed payments for bridge replacement costs as they occur; it is not intended to be a loan to property owners in lieu of paying a special assessment on time.

Design Committee: Working on editing guidelines for clarity; Teri will distribute a draft. Lot owners will be reminded that prior PRRLOA approval of house/structures is required before building. This will be particularly aimed at new lot owners as some have neglected to digest the rules regarding building in the subdivision. Changing requirements to recommend 16” culverts and emphasizing mobile/modular home are prohibited. The minimum size of a house was also discussed: 800 square feet for a single story house; a second story must have a minimum of 700 square feet of livable space (livable as defined by LaPlata County Code). Also noted was the fact that the installation of a well or septic tank needs the approval from the cognizant authority before work begins.

Two new projects are underway: an addition to a house and the construction of a two-car garage.

Dust Abatement Status: Will occur tomorrow. Road prep has been completed. The Board thanks Chip Burkett for expertly managing the project.

Weed Mitigation Status: Complete.

Annual Meeting Preparation: Pat is preparing documents (proposed budget, expenditures to date, agenda, proxies, and proposed addition to Articles of Incorporation) to be mailed out by the end of the month; President Jim Clay is preparing his annual letter to landowners. Chief Evans and Dannielle Coronado will be invited to the Annual Meeting to share their thoughts on the bridge replacement and perhaps outline a tentative schedule

Surveying for Easements: The pins demarcating the current easement and adjacent BP lots need to be located and marked. Also necessary at some point is the establishment and survey of and enlarged easement. Chip Burkett will call Goff Engineering for a quote and schedule. Needs to be done by Fall of this year.

Clean Ditches: Complete; organic debris was left and spread within the subdivision eliminating cost of removal.

Cattle Trespass: None during the last month.

Discharge of Firearms within Subdivision:  No further incidents.

Change to CC&Rs to Pond as Collateral: Waiting on language from the lawyer before preparing a possible amendment or change to CC&Rs or Articles of Incorporation.

Special Assessment to Finance PRRLOA Portion of Bridger Replacement Costs:  The amount of any special assessment will have to wait until we have a firm estimate of cost of the replacement bridge, but there will be one. Once enacted landowners will have 30 days within which to pay. If the special assessment has not been paid on-time there will be a 30-day grace period. If still unpaid, a lien upon the property will be established in 10 days. A payment plan can be established after a lien had been levied. The amount of the special assessment will be the same for all lot owners regardless of category (i.e., full-time resident, part-time resident, or lot owner).

New business:

Roadside Mowing: Will take place in the next week or two. Jim Clay will rent a tractor with mowing attachment. Jim and Chip Burkett will do the work.

Fish Fund and Stocking: The fish fund has approximately $3,000 in its coffers. $1,500 worth of fish is allocated to stocking the pond, which will occur this Friday. The remaining $1,500 will go to stocking the river (sometime after the 4th of July at suitable, lower river flow).

River Flows: The river is running high, up to 2,000 cubic feet per second and is predicted to be as high as 2,500 cfs as Vallecito nears capacity (125,000 acre-feet of water; 7,665 feet in elevation). Homeowners should be aware that some flooding of property along the river is expected. Board members are inspecting the bridge for any caught debris. A website to monitor Los Pinos flows and the level of Vallecito is: https://dwr.state.co.us/surfacewater/data/district.aspx?div=7&dist=31&type=ALL

Jim Clay is in regular contact with PRID officials and is advised prior to significant flow changes.

Date for next meeting(s): Tuesday, 16 July 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at Pat LeRoy’s house. The Annual Meeting is set for 20 July 2019.

Meeting adjourned: Move to adjourn meeting by Susan Wells; seconded by Chip Burkett; the vote to adjourn was unanimous. The meeting was adjourned at 9:05 p.m.

These minutes were approved by a vote of _______ on ___________________________



Jim Clay, President                                                                                                                    Date


Florian Walchak, Secretary                                                                                                      Date