7/17/2018 Board Meeting Minutes

PINE RIVER RANCHES LANDOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS TRANSITION MEETING – JULY 17, 2018
18 PINE RIVER RANCH CIRCLE, BAYFIELD, CO 81122

The meeting was called to order by Jim Clay at 7:00 p. m.

Board of Directors present: Jim Clay, Waterman Ormsby, lll, and Pat Le Roy.

Newly Elected Board members – Chip Burkett and Florian Walchak

There were no guests.

INVOICES TO BE PAID

Pat Le Roy submitted the following invoices for payment: Goldman, Robbins, Nicholson, and Mack, legal fees $325.00 (CC&Rs review); Neil’s $3750.00 for fill and grading along the shoulders of the asphalt road; Jim Clay $17.11 for Annual Meeting supplies. Chip Burkett moved that these invoices be approved for payment, second by Florian Walchak. Vote to approve was unanimous.

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

Each board member was either nominated or expressed an interest in one of the positions based on the time each could devote to the different positions. The slate of officers is: President – Jim Clay, Vice President – Waterman Ormsby, lll., Secretary/Treasurer – Pat Le Roy, Florian Walchak – Secretary (after the CC&Rs have been approved), and Chip Burkett – member at large. Waterman Ormsby, lll moved that this slate for Officers be approved, second by Florian Walchak. Vote to approve was unanimous.

DUST ABATEMENT

Waterman Ormsby, lll has been in contact with Desert Mountain and the date for the application is August 7, 2018. The application will be DP50, cost is $11,149.60. CRG‘s bid is $5700.00 plus whatever gravel is brought in at $22.00 a ton for the prep work. All parties involved in this project will meet about one week prior to discuss the plans to coordinate the job.

CHIP AND SEAL

Jim Clay reported that the new date is July 26, 2018. Notices will be posted at the mailboxes. Cost is $26500.00.

SHOULDER WORK ON ASPHALT ROAD

Jim Clay has secured bids from Four Corners – $11000.00 and Neil’s $3900.00 Neil’s bid was accepted and less material was used than bid. Final cost is $3750.00.

GRANT WRITER

As discussed at the annual meeting, the Association will be responsible for the grant writer’s expense since the Fire Dept. has no funds available in the budget. Danielle Coronado, who worked with Richard Diedrich on the grant process, has returned and will be asked to assist with the grant writing. Florian

Walchak moved that Danielle Coronado be contacted to be the grant writer for the FEMA grant and the Energy Grant from the oil and gas industry at $20.00 per hour not to exceed $3000.00 in cost, second by Chip Burkett. Vote to approve was unanimous. Jim Clay will contact both Richard Diedrich and Danielle Coronado and ask them to attend the next Board of Directors meeting in August. They will update the Board regarding the grant and what information/support they will need from the Board.

PAYMENT PLAN FOR GOICOECHEA

Pat Le Roy distributed copies of the payment plan to all board members for their review and approval prior to contacting Karen Goicoechea. After a brief discussion, Waterman Ormsby, lll moved that the payment plan be approved as presented and that Pat Le Roy should contact Karen Goicoechea and have her sign the agreement, second by Chip Burkett. Vote to approve was unanimous.

BP UPDATE

Jim Clay met with the new BP Land Manager, Miles Venzara. They discussed the Board’s desire to have all landowners vote for the CC&Rs. After reviewing the governing documents Miles Venzara stated that he would need to have their legal department review them and that he would get back to Jim Clay after his boss had made a decision. Regarding the fishing issue by BP employees – Jim Clay stated that there is no way the Association can identify those fishing as BP employees. Perhaps some sort of visual identification such as a badge could be used. Jim Clay also asked if BP would be able to contribute to the Fish Fund. BP will be moving their offices into Durango.

GOVERNING DOCUMENTS

Pat Le Roy will contact the attorney regarding the process to have the CC&Rs (once approved) and the Bylaws recorded and the cost involved with amending the Articles of Incorporation which must be sent to the Colorado Secretary of State.

DISCUSSION

The Board requested that Pat Le Roy make a list of all members who have voted and those who have not voted. As a courtesy, the Official Ballot for the CC&Rs will be included with the annual meeting minutes for those who have not voted. The Ballot will also be attached to the emailed annual meeting minutes.

Jim Clay will post the Chip and Seal notices.

The Board will contact different landowners regarding deliveries during the time the dust abatement application is being done. The goal is to attempt to keep heavy trucks off the road during and immediately after the DP 50 is applied.

ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE 2019 PROPOSED BUDGET

At the next meeting the 2019 Proposed Budget will be reviewed and updated bids are needed:

Jim Clay – will seek bids for snow removal. Waterman Ormsby, lll will handle dust abatement. Chip Burkett will research qualified licensed weed mitigation companies. Horizon was used last time. Pat Le Roy will contact Rod Cook from La Plata County for information. Ditches along Ludwig Drive need to be checked for possible cleaning.

NEXT MEETING – AUGUST 21, 2018 at the Le Roy residence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *