The meeting was called to order by John Dustin, Vice President at 6:57 p.m.
Board members present: John Dustin, Rob Mc Laughlin, Waterman Ormsby lll, and Pat Le Roy. Jim Clay was absent.
Guests: Richard Diedrich
John Dustin departed from the agenda to allow Richard Diedrich to update the Board on the Bridge fact finding that he has been doing in conjunction with the Upper Pine Fire Department. The grant is due October 19, 2017 for state review. It will then be sent to the FEMA. Richard has talked with Andy Hawk at BP and was referred to Ms. Mosley. He would like to set up a meeting with BP to seek their help and stresses that this is a community effort and not just a neighbor effort. He will would like Fire Chief Evans along with a couple of board members to attend this meeting. Not date or site for the meeting has been set. Richard has determined that the top of the bridge is about 10- 11 inches below the revised flood plain plan. The ramps to the bridge would be at a 6 – 6 ½% grade requiring some grading. The Board thanked Richard for all of his hard work during this fact finding period.
Minutes from the September 5, 2017 meeting were emailed to the board members for any additions and/or corrections. There were minor corrections made to the minutes. Waterman Ormsby, lll moved that the minutes be approved as corrected, second by Pat Le Roy. Vote to approve was unanimous.
The documents for the 2018 Budget meeting were emailed to the Board for any corrections. No corrections were made indicating their approval. These documents were emailed/mailed to all landowners on September 20, 2017.
Pat Le Roy presented the Treasurer report. The balance in the Winter Account is $4510.39, interest received $.20. The balance in the General Account is $21059.07. Three 2017 Annual Assessments were received for a total of $1031.00. Pommiers paid the impact fee $3240.00 which was determined later to be incorrect. A refund of $1920.00 was sent to the Pommiers. Checks cleared Pat Le Roy $157.20 – annual meeting copies, tapes, recorder, fax to realtor, and food for the annual meeting; Nancy Young $125.86 fees for the webpage, and A. J. Road Company $4526.25 for crack filling on the asphalt road. A check to SWAG for $524.40 did not clear. Interest received $.96. Waterman Ormsby lll moved that the Treasurer report be approved, second by Rob McLaughlin. Vote to approve was unanimous.
Invoices to be paid – Pat Le Roy submitted two invoices for payment – Jim Clay for $86.28 for culvert extension at the Y of Ludwig Drive and PRRC; Neil’s for one load of ¾ inch road base for the area around the mailboxes. Waterman Ormsby lll moved that these invoices be paid, second by Rob McLaughlin. Vote to approve was unanimous.
Liens to be filled – No liens have been filed for non-payment of the 2017 Annual Assessment. The Judge has not issued a ruling to date. 7 landowners have either not paid the assessment or have made partial payments.
Snow Removal – The board reviewed the proposal from Neils. The rates remain the same as last year. Rob McLaughlin moved that the proposal from Neils be accepted, second by Waterman Ormsby lll. Vote to accept the proposal was unanimous. John Dustin will fax the completed form to Neils.
Budget Meeting October 7, 2017 at the Bayfield Library 10:00 a.m. – John Dustin will pick up the key on Friday and check on a projector. Pat Le Roy will bring bottles of water. All board members will arrive on Saturday at 9:30 to help set up.
CC&R Committee – Chip Burkett has agreed to be on the committee, A. J. Boyle has declined. The other members of the original committee have not responded.
Design Committee – Terri Bonham and Granville Conway reviewed plans submitted by Florian and Shelley Walchak, and Tawnya Jacobson. Letters of approval were mailed. The Board is seeking another member for the committee who would serve a 1 year term. Pat Le Roy will contact those people who were suggested.
Culvert update – John Dustin reported that he had cleared the culvert on the north end of Ludwig Drive. He and Jim Clay cleared other culverts to drain under the driveways. John Dustin suggested that the culvert cleaning be managed by the landowners and that this be added to the By laws. Jim Clay and Ken Le Roy added a length of culvert to the existing culvert at the junction of Ludwig Drive and PRRC. John Dustin then added rock to the drop off on the curve.
Mailboxes – ¾” road base was ordered for the area around the mailboxes. Jim Clay spread the road base.
Violations – This will be discussed during the closed session after the adjournment of the meeting.
Fall grading – The road from the bridge to the junction of Ludwig Drive and PRRC needs some attention. After some discussion, Rob Mc Laughlin offered to use his tractor and the road maintainer to pull gravel from the sides of the road and smooth out the rough areas. The road maintainer was purchased several years ago and has been stored at the Wickmans.
NEW BUSINESS – The Building department no longer lists the construction cost information on the building permit. This affects the CC&R regarding impact fees. New language needs to be written to reflect these changes. John Dustin has previously suggested three alternative methods. Pat Le Roy will visit with the Building department next week and report back to the board. Florian and Shelley Walchak paid a portion of their impact fee so that excavation could begin on their property.
Date for next meeting – November 7, 2017 at the Le Roy residence 7:00 p.m.
Rob Mc Laughlin moved that the meeting be adjourned to allow the Board to meet in closed session to discuss legal matters, second by Waterman Ormsby, lll. Vote to adjourn was unanimous. Meeting adjourned at 8:06 p.m.
These minutes were approved by a vote of ________ on____________.
John Dustin, Vice President Date
Pat Le Roy, Secretary/Treasurer Date